aquasonicgel.com is proud to work with Parker Laboratories to bring the best in the industry for this type of product. As one of the leaders in the worldwide market of developing, manufacturing and distributing ultrasound equipment and supplies, Parker Laboratories had certainly established itself. For this reason, it is the only brand that we would consider when branching out to offer ultrasound gel and related products to our customers.
Of course, being among the professional experts in the world of medical care options, you are probably aware of the fact that there are many options available. Even among what we offer, there is the Aquasonic 100 Ultrasound Transmission Gel and the Clear Ultrasound Transmission Gel. Many customers wonder what the difference is and if one is “better” than the other. So, it seemed appropriate to help give our potential customers a better understanding of what the difference may be for these products.
Understanding the Aquasonic Clear Ultrasound Gel
Honestly, the majority of details and features of both the 100 and the clear are the same. Both ultrasound gels feature:
- a Snap-CapTM dispenser designed to help do away with drips and draw backs
- the correct acoustics meant to enhance the ability to work with the wide array of frequencies that can be used on ultrasound devices
- a water soluble formula that does not stain clothing
- a hypoallergenic, non-irritating, bacteriostatic formula to help sensitive patients and medical professionals
- no salt or formaldehyde in either versions of the Aquasonic Ultrasound Transmission
- unlimited shelf life with no expiration when stored properly (Those professionals who will be storing it with exposure to light or a temperature other than room temperature, or using it with a warmer, should know there is an expected three month time span in which these gels should be used.)
Of course, both versions are also made by the Parker Laboratories organization and come with the same trusted, respected reputation backing it.
So, where the main difference is would be that the clear gel also does not include colors or fragrances. For some patients or medical professionals, this is the only way to go. In fact, the Aquasonic Clear Ultrasound Transmission Gel is the most popular and widely used when it comes to diagnostic and therapeutic medical ultrasound application.
The Bottom Line
It would be hard to determine whether one product is “better” than the other is when it comes to the Aquasonic Ultrasound Transmission Gels. The truth is that to some degree it is a matter of opinion. Both products offer the same high quality with one main difference, which is the clear gel’s lack of use when it comes to color or fragrances.
This is part of what makes the clear choice the most widely used gel in its class worldwide. Some of your decision-making should also be based on taking your own patients and their comfort into consideration. Even if you or someone in your office is likely to be more sensitive to a gel with color or fragrance, then clear gel may be your best option.